Introducing North Korea Tours via Shanghai Pudong
UPDATED OCTOBER 21, 2015
Our Shanghai departure tours will be temporarily suspended from November 1, 2015 to March 2016. It’s been a great year from Shanghai and we’re looking forward to offering more exciting tours next year. Stay tuned and in the meantime, check out our winter offerings including our Masik ski tours!.
UPDATED JUNE 30, 2015
We’re happy to be offering weekly North Korea tours directly from Shanghai via Air Koryo charter flight! Now you don’t need to go to Beijing to get to North Korea. Take off directly from China’s financial capital, Shanghai.
All year round, there will be weekly direct flights from Shanghai’s Pudong International Airport to Pyongyang’s Sunan International Airport:
Every Friday and Monday: Shanghai – Pyongyang JS552 Depart 12:30am / Arrive 4:00am local time
Every Sunday and Thursday: Pyongyang – Shanghai JS551 Depart 8:30pm local time / Arrive 10:10pm
What to expect on our Shanghai – Pyongyang tours:
– Our DPRK Weekender Shanghai Departure tour will depart every Thursday and return Sunday this summer. You’ll explore North Korea’s capital city of Pyongyang, and then take a day to travel to the old and historic city of Kaesong, the former capital of the Koryo Dynasty. Here, we’ll visit the DMZ from the North, where you’ll experience the division of Korea first hand (a truly eye-opening and educational experience). Finish off the tour by visiting the port city of Nampho.
See also a Shanghai departure for the PYONGYANG MARATHON 2016.
– If you want to stay for more than a weekend, we have longer tour options through more remote parts of the country – just INQUIRE
– Book a tour on our website just 2 weeks prior to your dates of travel. If you don’t see your preferred dates, choose the flex date option and let us know which dates you want to travel under “Helpful Notes” at the end of the checkout process.
What’s included in our tours
– Round-trip air ticket on DPRK’s carrier, Air Koryo, from Shanghai Pudong International Airport to Pyongyang
– Hotel accommodations in the DPRK, meals, guides, transportation
– Uri Tours handles all DPRK visas and visa fees are included in the package price (DPRK visas are stand-alone documents and we do not need your physical passport at any time during the visa process)
We can’t take journalists or professional photographers on our tours, nor South Korean citizens, but almost anyone else can join a tour!
Don’t miss this opportunity to visit North Korea from Shanghai!