Announcing Pyongyang Marathon Official Race Rules and General Information
**2016 Pyongyang Marathon Registration Deadline: March 1, 2016** BOOK IN 2015 FOR $100 OFF and Get Guaranteed Entry
Here are the official race rules for the Pyongyang Marathon!
- Runners must have their running clothes on underneath a track suit prior to leaving the hotel the morning of the run. Jeans and non-athletic clothing will not be permitted in the stadium.
- Running chips and race numbers (to be pinned to your shirt) will be provided to all runners the night before the race.
- Runners must wear solid colors and cannot wear clothing containing tie dye or pictures. Logos on shirts are permitted so long as they are no bigger than 30cm in rectangular size. Any lettering on t-shirts must be less than 4cm in size, according to the regulations of the International Running Federation.
- Runners are permitted to carry phones and music devices during the race. You are permitted to wear a watch, although GPS enabled watches may not be let through customs.
- Runners must report to the Kim Il Sung Stadium by 7:40am on the day of the race.
- Amateur runners will be divided into groups based on the chosen race category. There will be sign holders at the south gate of the Stadium. Runners must line up behind the appropriate sign holder by 8:10am: Amateur 1: Marathon, Amateur 2: Half Marathon, Amateur 3: 10Km. Professional runners will be divided into groups based on country.
- At 8:00am, amateur runners will be instructed to enter the stadium following the sign holders.
- Professional runners will enter the stadium after the start of the amateur race.
- Runners will be given 10 minutes to change inside the stadium (for Uri Tours runners, please leave belongings and clothes at designated spot. We will then bring them up to the stands where you can meet us after you finish). Runners must be at the starting line by 8:15am marked by a warning pistol shot.
- The amateur race begins promptly at 8:30am marked by a starting pistol shot.
- During the race, there will be 3 ambulance cars and 2 mini buses on the road for any emergencies.
- There are restrooms located at various points of the route.
- Refreshment stands are in 4 locations. Gel packs and energy drinks can be left at the stands with instructions on when and where to hand to the runner. Please coordinate this with your tour operator/host agency.
- The finish line is inside the stadium, once a full loop around the stadium has been completed. The 10K finish is past the Arch of Triumph.
- For those who have finished the race, there will be designated seating inside the stadium. Look for your guides who will help direct you through Gate 2.
- If you place in the top 3 in your category, report to the south gate at approximately 12:40pm to prep for the awards ceremony.
- The closing ceremony will begin at 1pm. Those who have placed in each category will be awarded medals on the podium inside the Kim Il Sung Stadium.